Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fall Harvest



Daniel took a few days off for a little deer hunting, and was succusful in bringing home a little button buck.


The boys were pretty proud of their Dad.
(Yes, the buck is wearing the orange vest. Daniel figured the orange would be more visible on the deer slung across his back than on his own back. With other hunters in the area, he wanted to make sure he was very visible!)

[Sorry the pictures are so bad. It was my first time taking pictures with Makala's new camera. I had it on the wrong setting and totally over exposed the shots. But the good news is, there is now a working digital camera at our house and as we learn to use it, we expect to have some nice pictures to share!]

Joseph and Caleb still have deer tags and hope to get out and try their luck before the season's end.

2 comments:

  1. So was it deer instead of turkey at the Baker table this Thanksgiving? ;) I've heard that turkey hunting is actually quite dangerous. I like to imagine that it is because turkeys are so vicious, but I remember reading that it is hard to shoot a turkey if you are in hunter orange, so the camouflaged hunters end up shooting each other. I am grateful that I can buy a farm-raised frozen turkey since I don't have the skill, the guts, or the camouflage to hunt for a wild one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a traditional store bought turkey for Thanksgiving--but if we had a chance at a wild gobbler we would have taken one of those. They are tasty!

    We are actually making our own jerky this year. I hope it turns out!

    ReplyDelete